A CALL TO PRAYER FOR THE GLOBAL WATER CRISIS

3:42 AM Harts for Africa 0 Comments


WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT PRAYER
“Call to me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3.
WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT WATER
“The poor and the needy are looking for water, but there is none. Their tongues are parched with thirst. I, the Lord, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will not abandon them. I will make rivers flow on bare hilltops. I will make springs flow through valleys, I will turn deserts into lakes. I will turn land into springs.” Isaiah 41: 17-18.
WATER FACTS
1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe water; this is roughly one sixth of the world’s population.
2.6 billion people in the world do not have access to adequate sanitation; this is roughly two-fifths of the world’s population.
1.8 million children die every year as a result of diseases caused by unclean water and poor sanitation. This amounts to around 5000 deaths a day.
97.5 percent of the earth’s water is saltwater. If the world’s water fitted into a bucket, only one teaspoonful would be drinkable.
At any one time, half of the developing world’s hospital beds are occupied by patients suffering from water-related diseases.
40 billion working hours are spent carrying water each year in Africa.
In the past 10 years diarrhoea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
Today, the average Westerner uses 101 gallons of water a day, more than 15 times that used by many in third-world countries.
Source: Intercessors Network