Greed destroys lives!

5:14 PM Harts for Africa 1 Comments

One political party in Australia is against Capitalism, on their web page they state
"Market forces are far from being perfect as a means of distributing output or determining production priorities, or methods. Without government intervention, capitalism tends to undervalue the cost of goods, including raw materials, energy and environmental damage."
As with many policies the observation is correct but the solution they believe will solve the problem is flawed. They think that a change of leadership method will solve the problem of greed. It is greed that causes one group of people to overuse resources without considering the impact to others. All styles of leadership that contain greed will fail.
I believe as a church we must instil moral values into society to help overcome greed. If only people were able to be content with little or much. As is taught in Phil 4:11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Wouldn't that make a difference to our world. In Africa greed promotes poverty. While one group of people line their pockets they fail to have compassion for the masses who miss out on infrastructure, education, healthcare, security and freedom that is required for everyone in society to prosper.
Please join us in prayer, to see greed and selfishness decrease and the love and care for others increase.

Greg.